Monday 2 September 2013

Chelsee Healey: "I'd love to join Coronation Street!"

Chelsee Healey has revealed that she would love to join Coronation Street.

The former Waterloo Road star said that a role on the long-running ITV soap would be "amazing".

   
                                    

She told Manchester Evening News: "I'd love to do another long-running drama or soap, Coronation Street would be amazing. I'd love to play a cheeky, funny girl on Corrie."

The 25-year-old - who left Waterloo Road earlier this year after eight years playing Janeece Bryant - said that she would "never say never" to returning to the series.

However, she said that she thinks it was the "right time" for her to leave the school-based drama. 

"The show was moving up to Scotland, and it's a role I'd done for a long time - eight years is a long time for anyone to stay in the same job. I don't think they could do that much more with the character.

"If Waterloo Road asked me back, of course I'd have to consider that, but for now I'm looking into sinking my teeth into new roles and new challenges," she added.

Waterloo Road launches its new series on Thursday, September 5 at 8pm on BBC One.


No comments:

Post a Comment